This classic Merritt Demarest-designed tug was built in 1958 by Christy Corp. of Sturgeon Bay, WI as the Robinson Bay for the St. Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation of Massena, NY. In 1991, she was repowered from a Cleveland 8-498 to a CAT 3603, and an upper house was added.
As the lead tug for the SLSDC, the diesel-electric Robinson Bay is active on the St. Lawrence Seaway performing aids to navigation work or other various jobs with the Corporation’s barges.
- Type: Single Screw Tugboat
- Year Built: 1958
- Builder: Christy Corp., Sturgeon Bay, WI
- Hull No.: 383
- Engines: 1 Caterpillar 3606
- Horsepower: 1,800 bhp
- Length: 103′ 00″
- Breadth: 26′ 10″
- Depth: 14′ 06″
- Port of Registry: Massena, NY