The Barbara Andrie was built in 1940 by Pennsylvania Shipyards as the Edmond J. Moran for the Moran Towing Company of New York. Three years into her career, she was requisitioned by the U.S. Navy, retaining her name in the process. Edmond was returned to Moran in 1946. In 1970, she was transferred to Moran’s Curtis Bay Towing division, working out of Norfolk. She was acquired by Bultema Dock & Dredge in 1976, at which point she was renamed Barbara Andrie and began her Great Lakes career. In 1978, she was repowered and rebuilt, significantly lengthening her useful career. She was sold to Canonie Transportation in 1981, and then the newly-formed Andrie Inc. in 1987. She was normally paired with the barge A-390, and worked in the asphalt trades around the Great Lakes.
In early 2015, the Barbara Andrie was phased out of tank barge service. She is now active in the ship assist, escort, and icebreaking trades, mainly on Lake Michigan.
- Type: Single Screw Tugboat
- Year Built: 1940
- Builder: Pennsylvania Shipyards, Beaumont, TX
- Hull No.: 231
- Engines: 1 EMD 16-645 EF
- Horsepower: 2,000 bhp
- Length: 122′ 00″
- Breadth: 29′ 07″
- Depth: 16′ 00″
- Port of Registry: Muskegon, MI