The Virginia was built in 1946 by Russel Brothers as the fish tug Alice Jean for Franklin C. Oper. In 1957, she was sold to Dean Construction of LaSalle, ON, who converted the Alice Jean to a towing vessel and renamed her Wayne Dean. In 2000 she was sold to Olson Dredge & Dock of Algonac, MI, and renamed Virginia.
The Virginia is active performing dredging and construction work as well as icebreaking for Olson on the St. Clair River.
- Type: Single Screw Tugboat
- Year Built: 1946
- Builder: Russel Bros. Ltd., Owen Sound, ON
- Engines: 1 Detroit 8-71
- Length: 45′ 00″
- Breadth: 13′ 00″
- Depth: 5′ 00″