The tugboat Titan was built in 1940 in Saugutuck, MI as the fish tug Gotham for Lewis J. Gotham. In 1944 she was sold to Ray N. Swartz. The Gotham was sold to Noriene W. Ritter in 1950, at which time she was converted to a towing vessel. She was sold to Edward Slyman in 1958, and then to the Detroit Marine Disposal Company in 1959. In 1963, the Gotham was purchased by the Seaway Cartage Company, only to be purchased the following year by K.A.M. Equipment. Trans-Waterways Inc. acquired the tug in 1965. In 1971, Gotham was sold to the Midwest Marine Construction & Salvage Company. She was eventually acquired by Patterson Marine Construction Inc., who continued to retain the original name. In 2010, Marine Services Inc. of Oak Park, MI purchased the Gotham, renaming her Titan.
Titan is currently active in the construction and dredging trades out of Detroit.
- Type: Tugboat
- Year Built: 1940
- Place Built: Saugatuck, MI
- Length: 56′ 03″
- Breadth: 15′ 08″
- Depth: 7′ 00″
- Port of Registry: Detroit, MI