Built in 1954 by Liberty Dry Dock Inc. for the New York Department of Sanitation, this tug was originally named Sanita and moved trash scows around New York Harbor. The Sanita was sold to Robert E. Dixon in 1968. Eder Barge & Towing purchased the tug in 1977 and brought her into the Great Lakes under the new name Soo Chief. Selvick Marine Towing of Sturegon Bay, WI bought the Soo Chief in 1981, renaming her Susan M. Selvick. Selvick sold her to Calumet River Fleeting of Chicago in 1996, where she was renamed Nathan S. In 1999, she was rebuilt with a new retractable pilothouse for barge work in the Chicago area. She was renamed John M. Perry in 2002, and then Zuccolo in 2008. In 2012, the Zuccolo was renamed Carla Selvick. She was renamed Terry D in 2014.
Terry D remains busy in and around the Chicago River, mainly engaged in barge work and ship assist.
- Type: Single Screw Tugboat
- Year Built: 1954
- Builder: Liberty Dry Dock Inc., Brooklyn, NY
- Engines: 1 EMD 8-567C
- Horsepower: 1,000 bhp
- Length: 66′ 00″
- Breadth: 19′ 00″
- Depth: 9′ 00″
- Port of Registry: Chicago, IL