This classic tugboat was built in 1956 by Davie Shipbuilding of Lauzon, QC as the Foundation Victor for Foundation Maritime. In 1973, the tug was sold to Eastern Canada Towing and became the Point Victor. The tug was acquired by Pitts Engineering & Construction Limited in 1977 and renamed Kay Cole. The Kay Cole was active in the dredging trade around eastern Canada, and in 1991 she was purchased by McKeil Marine Limited of Hamilton, ON. McKeil renamed the tug Jerry Newberry in 1995, and kept her busy in barge work. In 2007, McNally International acquired the tug, and retained her name. In 2013, she was sold to Sealand Shipping Services Limited of Baie Verte, NL, where she was renamed R.J. Ballott.
The R.J. Ballott continues to work in barge service around Newfoundland in eastern Canada.
- Type: Single Screw Tugboat
- Year Built: 1956
- Builder: Davie Shipbuilding Ltd., Lauzon, QC
- Hull No.: 612
- Horsepower: 1,280 bhp
- Length: 98′ 00″
- Breadth: 28′ 02″
- Depth: 14′ 04″
- Port of Registry: St. John’s, NL