This handsome tugboat was built in 1944 by Montreal Drydock Limited as the HMCS Norton for the Royal Canadian Navy. In 1945 she was renamed W.A.C. 1. She was sold civilian in 1946 to Marathon Paper Mills and renamed Peninsula. In 1967 the Peninsula was sold to Western Engineering Services. She was eventually acquired by Gravel & Lake Services (Lakehead Tugboats) of Thunder Bay, ON, where she retained her name.
In 2016, the Peninsula was retired from the active fleet and is now laid up in Thunder Bay.
- Type: Single Screw Tugboat
- Year Built: 1944
- Builder: Montreal Drydock Ltd., Montreal, QC
- Hull No.: 6
- Horsepower: 1,230 bhp
- Length: 111′ 00″
- Breadth: 27′ 00″
- Depth: 13′ 00″
- Port of Registry: Fort William, ON