The Nathan S was built in 1951 by Ira S. Bushey & Sons as the Huntington for the Red Star Towing of Brooklyn. She was eventually sold to the Kosnac Floating Derrick Corporation of Staten Island, where she retained her name. In 2004, Kosnac sold the Huntington to Ben and Sarah Fogg of Holland, MI, who brought the tug into the Lakes for conversion to a live-aboard. The tug was renamed Spartacus in 2005. However, in 2006 the project fell through and the tug was donated to the Northeastern Maritime Historical Foundation, who restored the name Huntington. The following year, the Huntington was sold again, this time to Calumet River Fleeting of Chicago, who renamed the tug Nathan S.
The Nathan S is laid up at the S.H. Bell Dock on the Calumet River in South Chicago.
- Type: Single Screw Tugboat
- Year Built: 1951
- Builder: Ira S. Bushey & Sons Inc., Brooklyn, NY
- Hull No.: 602
- Engines: 1 F-M 38D-8-1/8
- Horsepower: 1,600 bhp
- Length: 84′ 01″
- Breadth: 23′ 06″
- Depth: 9′ 06″
- Port of Registry: Chicago, IL