This classic tug was built in 1944 by Decatur Iron & Steel in Decatur, AL as the ST-693 for the U.S. Army. The tug was eventually transferred to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and renamed Wilmington. In 1979, she was sold to Stevens Towing of South Carolina, and renamed Sea Islander. Ryba Marine Construction of Cheboygan, MI acquired the Sea Islander in 1991, and renamed the vessel Kathy Lynn. She has been repowered twice under Ryba ownership.
The Kathy Lynn is used as a lead tug in dredging projects for Ryba, and is also used for lake towing too and from dredging jobs. She can be found working all across the Great Lakes.
- Type: Single Screw Tugboat
- Year Built: 1944
- Builder: Decatur Iron & Steel, Decatur, AL
- Engines: 1 Cummins KTA50C
- Horsepower: 1,500 bhp
- Length: 85′ 00″
- Breadth: 24′ 00″
- Depth: 9′ 06″
- Port of Registry: Cheboygan, MI