Built by the Leathem D. Smith Dock Company in 1928, this tug was originally Betty D. of the T.L. Durocher Company. In 1932 she was sold to the Edward E. Gillen Company and renamed Killarney. Luedtke Engineering of Frankfort, MI purchased her in 1935, renaming her Karl E. Luedtke.
Karl E. Luedtke is active in the construction and dredging trade around the Great Lakes.
- Type: Single Screw Tugboat
- Year Built: 1928
- Builder: Leathem D. Smith Dock Co., Sturgeon Bay, WI
- Hull No.: 255
- Horsepower: 300 bhp
- Length: 55′ 02″
- Breadth: 14′ 04″
- Depth: 6′ 00″
- Port of Registry: Ludington, MI