This large tug was built in 1939 by Defoe Shipbuilding as the WYTM-92 Naugatuck for the U.S. Coast Guard. The Naugatuck spent 40 years with the Coast Guard as an icebreaker, and was decommissioned in 1979. The following year, she was acquired by the Calumet Marine Towing Company and renamed Timmy B. In 1994, the Timmy B. was purchased by Selvick Marine Towing and renamed Jimmy L.
Jimmy L is a busy tug, performing ship-docking services in Sturgeon Bay as well as Menominee/Marinette, and also providing icebreaking serices on the Bay of Green Bay. The Jimmy L is also used on towing jobs across the Great Lakes.
- Type: Tugboat
- Year Built: 1939
- Builder: Defoe Shipbuilding Co., Bay City, MI
- Hull No.: 163
- Engines: 2 EMD 8-567
- Horsepower: 1,000 bhp
- Length: 110′ 00″
- Breadth: 25′ 00″
- Depth: 13′ 00″
- Port of Registry: Cleveland, OH