The tug Jill Marie was built in 1891 by Cleveland Shipbuilding as the fish tug Ciscoe for the Ranney Fish Company. In 1923 the Ciscoe was sold to Max F. Piepkorn. In 1942 she was converted to a towing vessel and lengthened, and in 1953 the Ciscoe was purchased by Harold F. Phillips, who renamed the tug Capama-S. In 1956 she was sold to William W. Stender of Bay City, MI. The Capama-S was renamed Gail K in 1997. In 2007, Causley Marine Contracting purchased the ancient tug and renamed her Jill Marie, placing her in contracting service on the Saginaw River out of Bay City.
The oldest active commercial tug on the Great Lakes, Jill Marie keeps busy on the Saginaw River on various dredging and contracting projects.
- Type: Single Screw Tugboat
- Year Built: 1891
- Builder: Cleveland Shipbuilding Co., Cleveland, OH
- Hull No.: 15
- Length: 60′ 00″
- Breadth: 12′ 06″
- Depth: 6′ 00″
- Port of Registry: Bay City, MI