The Jacquelyn Nicole was built in 1913 by the Great Lakes Towing Company as their own Michigan. In 1953 she was converted from steam to diesel power. The Michigan was sold to North Central Maritime of Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan in 1978 and renamed Ste. Marie II. In 1981 she was acquired by North American Towing, who changed the tug’s name to Dakota. She was sold to Egan Marine of Lemont, IL in 1992, and renamed Ethel E. She was later sold to Calumet River Fleeting of Chicago, IL. Shortly after, she was sold again to Selvick Marine Towing of Sturgeon Bay, WI, and renamed Jacquelyn Nicole in 2002. She performed ship-docking duties for Selvick in Sturgeon Bay and Menominee/Marinette.
The Jacquelyn Nicole was scrapped in Manitowoc, WI in 2016.
- Type: Single Screw Tugboat
- Year Built: 1913
- Builder: The Great Lakes Towing Co., Cleveland, OH
- Hull No.: 26
- Engines: 1 EMD 12-567A
- Horsepower: 1,200 bhp
- Length: 81′ 00″
- Breadth: 20′ 01″
- Depth: 11′ 02″
- Port of Registry: Sturgeon Bay, WI