This classic tug was built in 1944 by Russel Brothers Ltd. as the yard tug Glenada for the Royal Canadian Navy. In 1947, she was sold to the National Harbours Board. The St. Lawrence Seaway Authority acquired the tug in 1956, and in 1965 she was passed to the Minister of Transport. The Glenada was sold civilian in 1973, when she was bought by Sandrin Brothers of Sarnia, Ontario. Thunder Bay Tug Services acquired the vessel in 1995.
The Glenada works in ship assistance and towing in Thunder Bay.
- Type: Single Screw Tugboat
- Year Built: 1944
- Builder: Russel Brothers Ltd., Owen Sound, ON
- Engines: 1 Caterpillar D399
- Horsepower: 1,125 bhp
- Length: 80′ 06″
- Breadth: 25′ 00″
- Depth: 10′ 01″
- Port of Registry: Thunder Bay, ON