George Gradel

The tug George Gradel was built in 1956 as the Harbor Queen for the Harbor Docking & Towing Company of Westlake, LA. She retained her name in 1969 after being sold to the Capitol Towing Company. The River Parishes Company of New Orleans, LA acquired the tug in 1976 and renamed her St. John. In 2007, the St. John was sold to the Moran Towing Company of New Canaan, CT, and she remained in service in New Orleans. The Geo. Gradel Company of Toledo, OH purchased the tug in 2016, renaming her George Gradel.

The George Gradel is active in the construction and dredging trades on the lower Great Lakes.

  • Type: Twin Screw Tugboat
  • Year Built: 1956
  • Builder: Parker Brothers & Co. Inc., Houston, TX
  • Hull No.: 24
  • Horsepower: 2,400 bhp
  • Length: 84′ 00″
  • Breadth: 26′ 00″
  • Depth: 9′ 02″
  • Port of Registry: Toledo, OH