The veteran tug Eagle was built in 1943 by Defoe Shipbuilding as their own Jack Boyce. In 1978, she was sold to Warren R. Beaves and renamed Jan B. The following year, she was purchased by Sea Search Inc. of Wellington, OH, who renamed the tug Sea Search II. In 1986, Sea Search Inc. became Shoreline Contractors Inc., and the Sea Search II was eventually renamed Eagle.
The Eagle can be found in the construction and dredging trades on Lake Erie anywhere from Port Clinton to Ashtabula.
- Type: Tugboat
- Year Built: 1943
- Builder: Defoe Boat & Motor Works, Bay City, MI
- Hull No.: 304
- Length: 57′ 07″
- Breadth: 14′ 04″
- Depth: 6′ 08″
- Port of Registry: Cleveland, OH