The classic tug Duluth was built in 1954 by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Works in Leavenworth, KS as the ST-2015 for the U.S. Army. In 1962 she was transferred to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, who renamed the tug Duluth. The Duluth was retired by the Corps in 2001, and was sold at auction to Great Lakes Dock & Materials LLC of Muskegon, MI, who retained the tug’s name.
Today the Duluth is active in dredging projects across the Great Lakes, and when not busy can typically be found in Muskegon.
- Type: Single Screw Tugboat
- Year Built: 1954
- Builder: Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Works, Leavenworth, KS
- Hull No.: C-1304-28
- Engines: 1 Cummins K38M
- Horsepower: 1,200 bhp
- Length: 70′ 01″
- Breadth: 19′ 05″
- Depth: 9′ 08″
- Port of Registry: Muskegon, MI