This veteran tug was built in 1907 by Benjamin T. Cowles of Buffalo, NY as the John Kelderhouse for the Empire Engineering Corp. The Dunbar & Sullivan Dredging Co. acquired the tug in 1911, renaming her Sachem. After a very lengthy career for Dubar & Sullivan, the Sachem was acquired by Egan Marine of Lemont, IL in 1990 and renamed Derek E.
Derek E is currently laid up at Egan’s yard in Lemont.
- Type: Single Screw Tugboat
- Year Built: 1907
- Builder: Banjamin T. Cowles, Buffalo, NY
- Length: 76′ 09″
- Breadth: 20′ 01″
- Depth: 8′ 04″
- Port of Registry: Lemont, IL