Buffalo

This tug was built in 1923 as the Buffalo for the New York Department of Transportation, working on the New York State Barge Canal. She was converted from steam to diesel in the late 1940s. She was sold into private ownership in the early 1950s. The Buffalo was later owned by Morris Reals of Central Square, New York. In the early 2000s the tug was donated to the New York State Canal Corporation, and in 2005 it was sold to the Town of Waterford, New York, where it worked as an operating museum and educational tool. In 2017 the tug was sold at auction to Mark, Jonathan and Andrew Palmer of Buffalo, New York, and the tug came to Buffalo to be restored. She is currently located in Buffalo and out of service.

  • Type: Single Screw Tugboat
  • Year Built: 1923
  • Engines: 1 Cooper Bessemer GN6
  • Horsepower: 200 bhp
  • Length: 53′ 00″
  • Breadth: 16′ 00″