This little yard tug was built in 1943 by Sturgeon Bay Shipbuilding Company as their own Sturshipco for use around their shipyard. In 1968, Sturgeon Bay Shipbuilding became Bay Shipbuilding, and the Sturshipco was renamed Bayship.
Bayship remains in service as Bay Shipbuilding’s busy yard tug, still servicing the shipyard where she was built.
- Type: Single Screw Tugboat
- Year Built: 1943
- Builder: Sturgeon Bay Shipbuilding Co., Sturgeon Bay, WI
- Hull No.: 151
- Horsepower: 120 bhp
- Length: 45′ 00″
- Breadth: 12′ 04″
- Depth: 5′ 03″
- Port of Registry: Sturgeon Bay, WI