This veteran tug was built in 1922 by Glove Shipyard of Buffalo, NY as the fish tug E.W. Sutton for Joseph S. Sutton. In 1931, she was sold to the Union Fish Company. The E.W. Sutton was sold to Finnegan, Smith & Holzer Inc. in 1952, who converted her into a tugboat, and renamed her Venture. She was sold to J. Robert Chalmers in 1954, and then Frontier Marine Contracting in 1955. The tug moved again in 1970, to Steven A. Redding, and the following year to Shellfish Inc. Ryba Marine Construction of Cheboygan, MI acquired the Venture in 1984. In 1998, she was renamed Amber Mae.
The Amber Mae works in the dredging and construction trades for Ryba on the Great Lakes.
- Type: Single Screw Tugboat
- Year Built: 1922
- Builder: Glove Shipyard Inc., Buffalo, NY
- Horsepower: 500 bhp
- Length: 65′ 00″
- Breadth: 14′ 01″
- Depth: 10′ 00″
- Port of Registry: Cheboygan, MI