The Aiden William was built in 1954 by Defoe Shipbuilding of Bay City, MI as John A. McGuire for the Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company. The tug spent over thirty years working for GLD&D, and was sold to the Gaelic Tugboat Company of Detroit, MI in 1987, where she was renamed William Hoey. In 1994, the William Hoey was sold to Holly Marine Towing of Chicago, IL who renamed the tug Margaret Ann. Holly went out of business in 2008, and the Margaret Ann was purchased by Calumet River Fleeting, also of Chicago, who changed the tug’s name to Steven Selvick. In 2014 she was renamed Aiden William.
Aiden William is active in barge work and towing from the Calumet River to all around Lake Michigan.
- Type: Tugboat
- Year Built: 1954
- Builder: Defoe Shipbuilding Co., Bay City, MI
- Hull No.: 426
- Horsepower: 1,400 bhp
- Length: 82′ 00″
- Breadth: 23′ 06″
- Depth: 9′ 09″
- Port of Registry: Chicago, IL